Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year's Eve


Happy New Year Everyone! Hoping this year has peace and happiness for you all.

We were invited to our neighbors up the road and enjoyed some great company and fun board games. We have such nice neighbors....we are blessed to have landed here. I am dragging today....we haven't stayed up till 2am in I don't know how long. I don't know if this is a product of getting old, or living on this land where we are roused from sleep by a hungry donkey every morning. Either way....I guess it's fun to do at least once a year.

We are still struggling to keep goats in their temporary pasture. One more try yesterday yielded us about 30 minutes before they were grazing our backyard. Then when I was trying to get feed in the garage to lure them back, they followed me in there. They were climbing and standing on everything...from food bins to the table saw. I yelled at them to get out, but I can tell you, they don't listen very well. Ward, hearing all the yelling, came out to help me.

I have spent most of my vacation from work clearing fence line. You would not believe how tough the vines, plants and trees are around here. Ward and I are both have the scratches to show for it. The green briar is the worst. It is a tough vine, impossible to pull out.... intwining itself around fences, trees....whatever it wants to wrap around. This type of work feels like it will never be done. There is fence that goes on forever and just as sure as you clean it up, it will grow back. The neighbors say the place is starting to look nice. I don't know if they can really tell if it looks any different or they are just trying to keep our spirits up.

No comments:

Post a Comment