Monday, January 3, 2011

Last day of vacation






I've been on Christmas vacation since December 24th and have to go back to work tomorrow. I like working for Boeing since they shut down between Christmas and New Year for a nice long break. I had two goals for the break: 1) build a brooder 2) build a hoophouse for a greenhouse. I got neither of these completed, but did buy the materials for the brooder. At least it shouldn't take too long to put together. I figured if I just order chicks, it will make me SPRING into action! We got a seed catalog today and are both jonesing to look at it. Ward got first dibs. Are you wondering about our goat fencing? After adding another wire, and watering the ground rod.....the goats scooted right out under the fencing again. We've determined we what really need is rain before it will hold them. In the meantime, we cleared a fenced area in the middle of the big pasture that the previous owners had used for a hog pen. We took the goats back there today and successfully kept them out of the backyard for about 4-5 hours. I guess it took them awhile to find their way out. It crossed my mind when I was back there we should get a couple of pigs. hum.....



Still clearing fence line. Have determined that it takes about an hour to clear the section between T posts. I'm not going to use this information to figure out how long it will take me to finish. The first ones will be grown back by the time I'm halfway thru anyway......sigh.



No comments:

Post a Comment