Thursday, February 24, 2011

Signs of spring

Ward and I can hardly believe it, but the grass is starting to green up. There are buds on the trees. It's very exciting. And without much rain. There is forecasted rain this afternoon and we are crossing our fingers. Our friends in Oklahoma have received theirs today and are thankful. I'm hoping we'll be as lucky.

The chicks are about ready to come out of their brooder and live a big coop next week. I'll take a picture then to post. I have more 40 more baby barred rock chicks on the way. They will come today or tomorrow.

We have a busy calendar for the next few weeks. Couple of different nights of friends coming over. We're going to the Mounted Shooting Competition on Saturday. I'll try to get a few pics of that. Our friends and neighbors Terry and Connie both compete. It is exciting to watch.

Did I say we were down to two goats? I sold three of them, and we had one processed. We kept the two smallest ones to help mow and keep the poison ivy in check.

I've had luck touching and petting (a little) the donkey. She loves the apple and oat horse cookies, so she will come up to us and eagerly follow us around. My first goal is to get that horrible harness off, and the second will be to have her hooves attended to. I have no idea how long it will take to be able to lift up her feet.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see pics of the peepers! And you're getting 40 more? 40? Wow! I can't even imagine. Love your blog and living country vicariously through you. :)

    ReplyDelete