Monday, August 22, 2011

I Dig Turtles!

No really I do...let me explain. ( Buy the way this is my first post - Jill has done all the previous posts and since its so hot outside I'm looking for things to do inside where its cool.)
Back to the story - since we have been so lucky to have this extreme drought, I took advantage of the drying pond (they call them tanks in Texas) to dig it out.  The main idea was that when/if it finally does rain we would have a nice new tank that was deeper and would hold more water.  When I was getting close to completing the big dig I noticed a blob of mud was moving.  It turned out to be this Alligator Snapping Turtle.  I cleaned him off and relocated him to our larger pond.
 
He was not too happy at first - he had this eerie low pitched hiss when you got close to him - you might be able to hear it in the video.  Moved another large turtle today but it was not a snapper.

No comments:

Post a Comment