Friday, June 3, 2011

Hens and eggs aplenty!

Well, the new flock has settled in and most are doing good. I found one dead in the coop missing it's head. I'm going to chaulk that up to an owl. The coop is now a little more secured at night. I'm very proud to announce that a couple of the white leghorns I raised from chicks are laying! I am so excited every time I find one of those white eggs! One of the new flock hens has moved into the mothership with the original layers. I guess she felt more at home there.

We have made our first delivery to Green Gate Farms and are very excited to have some new
customers since our egg production increased so dramatically. They are going to be a nice fit, and are great people.

Our bull Gunslinger got out for the second time the other day. This time, he was down the road where he came across another herd, and another bull. We were able to wrangle him back home, but Ward has spent two days working on the fences. Patching the fence doesn't work, he's having to redo most of it. It laborious work and it's been hot. Hope Gunslinger appreciates how much we care......

I have misplaced my camera. I hope to find it soon so I can add photos. We wanted to show pictures of the meat birds versus the layer birds. The broiler (meat birds) are almost ready. Very exciting!

1 comment: