Monday, May 16, 2011

A New Flock

When I was still living in Seattle and dreaming of my farm life here, I would go on eatwild.com and look at the farms in the Austin area that were practicing techniques and ways of raising food that I had only read about. One of them was Jules and Sue from Shades of Green. Like all the farms, I read their blogs from beginning to end, looked at their pictures and tried to imagine what their farms were like.

We recently made a deal with Jules and Sue to buy their laying flock. The Shades of Green Farm is certified organic and we currently practice and feed organic. We are so excited to get this flock of birds, and most of all, we are so lucky to meet Jules and Sue.

We are also in the process of filling out paperwork for organic cert. I am overwhelmed by the mounds of papers that need to be filled out, and have to say....I am further behind in the process than I want to be. But I'll continue on!

Will keep you updated on the move next week. Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment