Thursday, April 7, 2011

Some of the cows are home



5 of the cattle arrived today. The bull, Gunslinger and his posse of 2 hereford cows, 1 Zebu cow and an F1 steer are walking the perimeter. The other Zebu cow who just had her baby yesterday and the Longhorn with the two week old baby are still in Bryan waiting till they get a little older. We could just sit out and watch them all day. This work stuff really gets in the way.


I was collecting eggs yesterday and I heard a baby bird chirping sound. I looked down a roll of shingles ward had leaned against the fence and there were 7 mouths open! I got a flashlight to look better and saw they were really young, no feathers at all. I remembered standing there not too long ago and having a bird land right on the fence by me. Of course, I thought I was like a disney character that the birds wanted to be friends with. I guess now I know I was standing VERY close to her nest and she was probably nervous.


No comments:

Post a Comment